PLEASE NOTE: This contest is now over. Thank you to everyone that submitted designs. We received an overwhelming number of submissions and it made choosing the winners EXTREMELY difficult, but the winning designs have now been chosen and the artists notified. We'll be proudly revealing the winning designs as we approach the August 10th opening date of the The Raaar! Custom Show!
As we enter the final week to enter the design contest that we've partnered with Dynamite Rex to hold, allowing fans to portray their own version of the adorable t-rex dinosaur known as "Raaar!," we thought it would be good to answer the single most asked question: The winner(s) get to customize their design on a vinyl copy of the figure and be included in a "Raaar!" exhibition at The Clutter Gallery in August, but what other artists are included?
We're proud to annouce the artists participating as: Ardabus Rubber, ArtmyMind, Bashprojects, Betso, Charles Rodriguez, Chuckboy, coolvader, Cucaracha Borracha, FullerDesigns, Haus of Boz, Ian Ziobrowski, Igor Ventura, Jason Limon, JC Rivera, Jeremiah Ketner, JFury, Kevin Gosselin, Kong Andri (WIP pictured above), Laura LorÃ©n, MAp-MAp, Nerviswr3k, Nikejerk, Otto BjÃ¶rnik, PodgyPanda, Rsinart, RunDMB, Sekure D, Sergio Mancini, 64 Colors, Stuart Witter, Task One, and UNCLE.
Want to join their ranks in this exhibtion? Using the blank turnaround template (which you can download here), design a Dynamite Rex "Raaar!" figure. Be as creative as you want, but the winner must be able to replicate their design as a custom painted vinyl figure. We will select a winning design based on its originality and creative use of the platform's shape.
One (or more) winners will be selected by a panel of judges, including the Clutter and Dynamite Rex staffs. Winners will be sent a free blank 6-inch tall "Raaar!" vinyl figure to customize using your winning design. This piece will then be mailed by the artist to The Clutter Gallery for inclusion in their custom Dynamite Rex âRaaar!â show opening on August 10th.
Closing date for design entries is June 1st, 2013. A winner will be selected within two weeks of closing date and be mailed the blank "Raaar!" figure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Can I submit more than once?
Yes, you can submit as many times as you like. Please do not simply submit color variations of the same design, though.
- Can I alter the base "Raaar!" design (add wings, horns, extended the neck, etc.)?
The short answer is "yes." The long answer is that you can modify the design on the sheet in any way you wish, though you have to be confident that you'll be able to physically recreate those modifications on the blank if you are selected as a winner.
- If I've already customized a "Raaar!" then can I submit pictures of it instead of a drawn design?
Yes, as long as you include a full turnaround of the custom piece, you can submit photos instead of an illustration.
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old or have parent/guardian's written permission to enter.
- Designs must be original creations by you.
- All designs must be on the template file provided.
- All entries must be submitted before 12 Midnight (EST) on May 31st, 2013.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line âDynamite Rexâs Raaar! Design Submission.â
- You allow Clutter & Dynamite Rex to use your design and name/artist name for promotional purposes.
- Winner will be selected by a panel of judges including the Clutter and Dynamite Rex staffs.
- Winner will be contacted via email.
- If you win and don't respond within 7 days, you forfeit your entry.
- Clutter and Dynamite Rex employees and their families may not enter.
- Winner must mail (at their expense) the completed custom Raar! figure by July 27th, 2013 to: Clutter Gallery, 163 Main St., Beacon, NY 12508, USA.
- Winnerâs finished custom will be displayed during the Clutter Gallery exhibition of custom Dynamite Rexâs âRaaar!â pieces. Winnerâs piece will be available to the public for purchase at a reasonable price to be set by the artist and approved by Clutter.
- If the winnerâs piece sells during the exhibition, the winner will receive 60% of the sale price from their piece.
- If the winnerâs piece does not sell during the exhibition, the piece will be returned to the artist. Return shipping outside the U.S. might require partial payment from the artist.
Monday, September 3, 2018 - 9:50pmFrom the farthest reaches of Outer Space, beyond the Gum Gum Galaxy and the Nougat Nebula, lies a planet of Magical Sparkle Glitter. Once a year the inhabitants of the tinsel covered shiny wonder that is Planet Rainbow Sparkle invade the Clutter Gallery.
Friday, May 12, 2017 - 9:41amClutter Gallery is proud to announce It Sees All, a solo show by Yu Maeda!!
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 5:28pmGet your lucky cat ready… Clutter teamed up with Japan Crate for some yummy and cute giveaways!